Welcome to L’Élixir de Vie
L’Elixir de Vie is a world-renowned Center of Excellence for Liposuction and Fat Grafting procedures. L’Elixir de Vie was founded by Dr Arthur Tjandra (曾华浚) on 23 November 2008, in Medan, Indonesia. Initially, L’Elixir de Vie was a holistic anti-aging, cosmetic surgery and sports medicine center, complete with medical spa. In 2013, however, it morphed into a Liposuction and Fat Grafting Center of Excellence, as Dr Arthur Tjandra decided to focus on his forte: liposuction and fat grafting procedures. That was the same year Dr Arthur Tjandra started publishing video case studies of his surgeries on his now-defunct YouTube channel.
This Video Blog (Vlog) was set-up in 2016, as an alternative platform to showcase our surgical videos, after YouTube’s suspension of our YouTube channel. There has been a massive concerted effort to shut down our YouTube channel ever since we started publishing videos in 2013, to prevent us from revealing the truth about liposuction:
- Liposuction does not need to be performed with fancy liposuction devices which cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. It can be performed manually with just a plastic syringe which costs USD 2!
- Liposuction can, and in fact, should be performed under only local anesthesia when the patient is wide awake, because it is much safer, and it allows 3-dimensional sculpting of the body. Three-dimensional sculpting is NOT possible when the patient is sedated or put under general anesthesia. If you had watch our liposuction videos, you would have noticed that we flipped our patients around throughout the surgeries, sat them up, and even stood them up, in order to be able to perform 3-dimensional liposuction!
- It is NOT safe to perform circumferential (360 degrees) and 3-dimensional liposuction with powerful mechanical device, because the risk of skin necrosis, compartment syndrome and blood stasis, with resultant pulmonary embolism and death, is extremely high. One may read the possible risks and complications of getting circumferential and 3D liposuction done in a liposuction textbook authored by Dr. Jeffrey A. Klein, who invented tumescent anesthesia for liposuction. This liposuction textbook is the BIBLE all surgeons performing liposuction surgeries must read. Ask your surgeon if he has read it! Ultimately, the safest way to perform a circumferential (360 degrees) and 3-dimensional liposuction is using syringe liposuction technique. Unfortunately, only plastic surgeons who were trained in the 1990s received training with syringe. Syringe liposuction became obsolete and was no longer taught in plastic surgery residency training in the 2000s.
- The potential risks and complications of liposuction performed with just a plastic syringe is much lower compared to when it is performed with expensive fanciful liposuction devices.
- The potential risks and complications of a surgery performed under awake local anesthesia is much lower compared to when it is performed with sedation, or under general anesthesia. It applies to any surgery, not only liposuction. Hence, the million dollar question is, if liposuction can be performed strictly under local anesthesia when a patient is awake, why must you put the patient under heavy sedation or even worse, general anesthesia?
- If liposuction is performed with fanciful, powerful devices, it needs to be performed under sedation or general anesthesia, because it is too painful to get it done without sedation and/or general anesthesia. Such fanciful devices often produce extremely powerful suction, or generate extreme heat, or rupturing fat cells using extremely powerful jet current, which inflicts unbearable pain. Liposuction performed with just a plastic syringe is almost painless because the power is generated by hands using only a plastic syringe. Therefore, it can be performed while a patient is completely awake, under local anesthesia only, as we have shown in the thousands of videos which we have published on our now-defunct YouTube channel. It is perhaps because of this, that YouTube shut down our channel, including removing a video of Dr. Arthur Tjandra performing liposuction on himself! The great power which lobbied YouTube to terminate our channel does not want prospective patients to watch these videos! How many surgeons in the world do you know, who perform liposuction surgery on themselves, while filming the entire process and post it on YouTube for the whole world to watch? Yet, YouTube does not want you to watch this! Why? To find out the answer to this million dollar question, as well as why YouTube suspended our YouTube channel, click on the link below.
For more detailed explanation of the above, along with published scientific papers and liposuction text book to support our statements above, please refer to: Awake syringe liposuction under local anesthesia by Dr. Arthur Tjandra. You may also watch how liposuction surgeries are performed while patients are completely awake, while playing with their mobile phones, doing video calls, singing songs, or chatting with Dr. Arthur Tjandra, by clicking on the link above.
Update on Covid-19 situation
As of 16 November 2021, it is still not possible for foreign nationals who are non-residents and non-work-permit holders to visit us in Medan. Foreign nationals of 19 selected countries are allowed to enter only Bali and Riau Islands, but not other parts of Indonesia. Unfortunately, Singapore is not among those 19 countries.
Although Singapore is launching a vaccinated travel lane (VTL) with Indonesia on 29 November 2021, it is not reciprocated by Indonesia. Therefore, although vaccinated travelers from Indonesia are allowed to enter Singapore without quarantine, both vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers from Singapore are not allowed to enter Indonesia yet. Even Indonesian nationals who enter Indonesia from Singapore, will have to undergo quarantine at a government facility upon arrival in Indonesia, and may only enter through Jakarta.
Prolonged border closure because of Covid-19 pandemic prevents our patients, whom are mostly from overseas, from entering Indonesia. This has freed up a lot of Dr Arthur Tjandra‘s time to pursue new hobbies, among which, are trading/investing, dancing, yoga, kungfu, cooking and singing. He has posted some videos of him teaching people how to dance and cook on his Tiktok channel, as well as singing on Starmaker app.
So far, he finds trading/investing the most exciting and rewarding. He currently invests his own private funds in various instruments, which include, but not limited to forex, stocks, stock options, futures and swaps. Elixir de Vie Capital, a family office, was registered and started operation on 1 August 2021. Dr Arthur Tjandra may open up his investment fund to accept external funds, if he manages to obtain a license to do so.
Video Case Studies
This Video Blog (Vlog) is where Dr Arthur Tjandra publishes his surgical video case studies, after YouTube terminated his YouTube channel. While almost all plastic surgeons present their works in photo format, Dr Arthur Tjandra prefers to present his, in video format.
How to navigate through this site
There are 3 ways to navigate through this Vlog, to view our video case studies:
- To browse through our case studies list, click on: Elixir de Vie Video Case Studies Summary Index.
- To view case studies of a specific surgery on a specific anatomical region, scroll down to the drop-down “CATEGORIES” menu in the footer below, and choose the type of surgery and anatomical region you would like to see. E.g. Liposuction, female abdomen. You can then see a list of case studies based on the preference you have indicated. Choose the case study you are interested in, and click on Read More.
- Alternatively, you may use the “SEARCH” button in the footer below, if you know the patient’s identification number, e.g. “Patient No. 500”.
Important information about liposuction and fat grafting
These 4 pages contain comprehensive information about liposuction and autologous fat grafting procedures, which you need to read before your surgery.
- Important Information about Liposuction and Fat Grafting
- All You Need to Know about Autologous Fat Grafting Breasts and Buttocks Augmentation
- Liposuction @ Elixir de Vie
- Autologous Fat Transfer Breasts and Buttocks Augmentation @ Elixir de Vie
Do not forget to go through case studies which are published under “Complaints” or “Unhappy Patients” categories. Because those published under “Complaints” or “Unhappy Patients” categories are supposedly Dr Arthur Tjandra‘s worst works! Therefore, by going through what his patients complained about, you can learn what Dr Arthur Tjandra‘s perception of beauty is. Like they said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hence, if you do not see eye-to-eye with Dr Arthur Tjandra in what defines beauty, it is best not to come to him for surgery. As what he considers as his masterpiece, may turn out to be your worst nightmare! The 2 bad reviews about Dr Arthur Tjandra on RealSelf.com below, illustrate our point. One of them is a fake review, though.
- Bad arms lipo – Arthur Tjandra – Review – RealSelf
- Abdominal Lipo Disaster – Arthur Tjandra – Review – RealSelf
It is so strange that there are numerous good reviews posted by our patients on RealSelf.com, but when you search for “Dr. Arthur Tjandra” on Google, you will be shown only these 2 bad reviews, which are ranked very high on the first page, but not the good ones. Similarly, if visit RealSelf.Com and search for “Dr. Arthur Tjandra”, you would not be able to find any of those good reviews. Only the 2 bad ones above are shown. What does this tell you? Luckily, you are still able to read good reviews about Dr Arthur Tjandra posted on RealSelf.Com by following this special link, before RealSelf.Com removes them: Reviews of Dr Arthur Tjandra on RealSelf.Com. …………….READ MORE
The answer is YES! By going through the fake review case study above, you would understand why it is imperative for us to strip you naked for pre-op and post-op photograph and video taking. If you do not wish to give consent for the photos and videos to be published, you may do so. Photos and videos will be taken but they will not be published without your signed consent. But, these photos and videos still need to be taken to protect ourselves, medicolegally. As a surgeon, you would never know what a patient is up to, and may do in order to tarnish your reputation. ……..READ MORE
WARNING: This is a medical blog intended ONLY for medical professionals!!! This blog contains nudity and graphic images of cosmetic surgeries. If you are offended by nudity and graphic images, or if your religion does not allow you to look at such images or to get cosmetic surgery done on yourself, please leave NOW!!!
WEBSITE INI TIDAK BOLEH DIPERTUNJUKKAN KEPADA ORANG INDONESIA MAUPUN DI WILAYAH NEGARA KESATUAN REPUBLIK INDONESIA. APABILA ANDA ADALAH ORANG INDONESIA, HARAP TINGGALKAN SITUS INI SEKARANG JUGA!!!!!!!
© 2016-2021 by Dr Arthur Tjandra. All rights reserved.
No part of the photographs and videos published on this blog may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without the written permission of the copyright holder.